- Category: Preparing for Canada
- Published: Friday, 07 October 2016 20:05
- Hits: 910
Canada is the best country in the world!
For the past four years, the United Nations has rated Canada one of the top country in the world for overall quality of life.
Canadians enjoy a comfortable standard of living, good health care, social security, a high level of education, and a relatively safe and clean environment.
The Charter of Rights and Freedoms entrenched in the Canadian constitution guarantees such fundamental rights as equality, mobility and legal rights, as well as freedom of speech, assembly and association.
A 1997 survey of people in 20 countries found that the majority placed Canada in the top ten list of countries where they would like to live. Most consider Canada a generous, peaceful and compassionate nation, while they see Canadians as honest, friendly and polite.
A few facts about Canada
Canada is a land of great natural beauty, from the rugged shores of Newfoundland to the mild climate and beautiful mountains of the west coast. The second largest country in the world, it has six time zones.
With its coasts, vast forests, mountain ranges, lakes and expanses of prairies, Canada is rich in natural resources. It contains 38 national parks, more than 1000 provincial parks, and nearly 50 territorial parks.
Based on the 1996 census data:
- about 28% of the population reported origins other than British Isles, French or Canadian
- recent immigrants had higher levels of education than the Canadian-born population
- six out of ten households owned their own home
- university or other post-secondary graduates represented 40% of the population over the age of 15
the number of seniors (age 65+) more than doubled in the last 25 years, to 12.2% of the population